Tuesday 15 July 2014

Midsummer!

This year June 21st was the longest day here in Sweden, and therefore Midsummer. Midsummer is quite an important celebration here, and I spent Midsummers Eve celebration with family Juthberg in Hertsånger, about a 50min drive from Umeå. It was a great day, with interesting weather and great fun. We started by picking flowers to decorate the cross that stood in the middle of the garden, and after a while the sun disappeared for about 5minutes and we had a short hail storm... After the hail stopped we continued to decorate with the flowers, and made flower tiaras. 

Decorating the cross

Elin enjoying the hail...

In total I think there was 19 of us. Sonya and Håkan (mum and dad), Saun, Kebne, Eja, Enbe and me (Ages from 18-12) in one family. Two of their cousins familiesr: Karin and Johan (about 14 and 17 I think...), Elin and her twin Alice (7), Axel (9) and Johanna (11 I think) + parents, and grandparents!

It was a great day full of excitment, great food, dancing and singing, and ending with a game of brännboll (rounders) against another family who live in the area (I have gotten to know them quite well over the past couple of weeks staying in Hertsånger).
Johanna, Karin, Enbe, Kebne, Elin (on Kebne's back), and me infront of the masterpiece!



No comments:

Post a Comment